1095 59th Street #4
The Oakland Firehouse, on an historic block in North Oakland's Golden Gate neighborhood, was built in 1892 in the era before the automobile; the building once had stables on the ground floor. Fast-forward a hundred years and the building is converted into six lofts with a new steel framework. Unit #4 is a top-floor loft, the largest unit in this intimate six-unit building, with two walls of original, gracefully arching windows (upgraded to dual-pane) admitting beautiful light year-round. The colorful Oakland city views from this loft are enough to inspire a latter-day Diebenkorn.
Features of this magnificent loft include:
- 1460 sf per public records, on two levels
- Double-height ceilings
- Original brickwork, now steel-reinforced
- Red maple hardwood floors
- Kitchen with quartz countertop and all stainless steel appliances:
- Viking Professional Gas Range/Oven, Wolf Gourmet Hood, Miele Dishwasher, Frigidaire Refrigerator
- Kitchen Island on casters included
- Decorative brick fireplace
- Freshly painted with Benjamin Moore colors
- Mezzanine bedroom with newer skylight, wool carpet & small adjoining office
- Refreshed bathroom with new quartz countertop and fixtures
- Garage parking and locked storage
- Volume, volume, volume!
HOA dues of $402 include: insurance, water, garbage service, exterior and common area maintenance, professional management and reserves.
Located on a great residential street, the North Oakland location is conveniently close to both Emeryville and Berkeley. Local amenities include: The beautiful Emeryville Marina, Berkeley Bowl West, and Ashby BART. With a Walkscore of 89, local hot spots include Noodle Theory Provisions and Novel Brewing Company.
The loft was just featured on Curbed SF!
Sunday, February 26, 2-4
Sunday, March 5, 2-4:30
Thursday, February 23, 10:30 - 1:00
Thursday, March 2, 11:00 - 1:00
Just Added! Twilight Tour
Monday, February 27, 5:30-7:00
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Toni Hanna
Requested by Wednesday, March 8th by 12pm.